|User Name||Kao Megura|
|User Level||-4: Closed|
Kao Megura (real name: Chris MacDonald) was a FAQ writer who is legendary for his Final Fantasy 7 FAQ. The FAQ is considered to be revolutionary, a model for which later FAQ writers would use and borrow. MacDonald also counseled and read other FAQs and helped their authors improve them, and got to know CJayC on a personal basis.
In May 2004, CJayC announced on Message Board Announcements that he had died. Out of respect of his memory, it was not announced when or how he died.
- 5/19/04 12:30PM Truly A Legend.:
- It's with a very heavy heart that I must tell you that Chris MacDonald, known to most of you as Kao Megura, passed away earlier this week well before his time.
- Chris wasn't just a contributor to GameFAQs, he was the contributor. Still one of the most prolific and well-respected contributors to this site, he created probably the most well-known and well-read (and not to mention well-written) FAQs on the whole of the Internet back in 1997 for Final Fantasy VII. That guide alone is still used and credited today as the inspiration for countless authors to follow. From my own correspondence with him, I can also tell you that he was a great guy to get to know.
- Not merely GameFAQs, not just the Internet, but the world as a whole has lost someone special, and he will be truly missed. I truly believe that GameFAQs as we know it today would not have existed without him.
- Friends, acquaintances, and even those who were just inspired or helped without ever even knowing him personally who wish to send comments and rememberances may send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. This mail will go to his family, not to me, so please use it appropriately. Charitable donations can be made to UNICEF.