WrestlingRPGfan Interview 2007
1. Do you think you're better than normal users?
No, but apparently Ceej does, since I'm a moderator and you guys are not.
2. What boards do you usually hang out at?
Hmm. Currently, I hang out on Current Events, Pro Wrestling, LUE, and Wii Hardware. Nothing too fancy.
3. What's the funniest moderation you've made?
Don't really remember.
4. Is the commando from Command and Conquer a badass or what?
People still play PC games?
5. Do you like Star Wars?
Yeah. Very nerdy with it, too. Well, not as much as some of the really diehard fans. I have all of the DVDs and I did go to the midnight showings of Episode II and Episode III. I do have a lot of SW video games, but I just find those to be fun regardless of the SW license.
6. With all the infighting, what keeps you going back in to do a thankless job most users despise you for?
I think "most users" is pretty subjective. Here's how I see it. The ToU is there. You like it or you don't. You like it, you sign up, you have no right to complain when you get banned for posting porn links or something. If that type of site is up your alley, there are plenty available on the Internet. Most of the people who complain are "repeat offenders." I am always open to constructive criticism, as is the mod team.
7. Do you like the pr0n people post?
8. What kind of shampoo do you use?
I think it's Selson Blue moisturizing formula or something. All I know is, it's $6 a bottle.
9. Have you seen the Departed? What are your thoughts on it?
Yeah, great movie. Definitely worth a purchase on DVD.
10. What do you do for a living?
Currently a history undergraduate. I am also unemployed (and loving it!). Previous jobs I've had include working in a market research firm, barista at a coffee shop, and senior game advisor at EB Games/Gamestop.
11. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
12. Best quote from Pulp Fiction and Pulp Fiction or the Departed?
"I'm an American, honey. Our names don't mean shit."
13. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Grad student. Crying at my massive student loan debt. The usual. Hopefully not on GameFAQs anymore.
14. How big is your hentai folder?
As a moderator on an Internet video game forum whose user name involves the word "wrestling," I can safely say that hentai is the saddest invention in the history of mankind. So none.
15. In a serious view, why do you think kids love cinnamon toast crunch?
It's darn tasty.
16. Peanut butter; smooth or crunchy?
Smooth. It's fine and dandy like sour candy.
17. Do you feel like a bit of a loser for doing this months after the other mods?
Uh... shut it up, you.
18. How old are you?
19. Do you think you will stop moderating GameFAQs in the near future?
You know, I've been tempted to hit that "close account" button many times. Never went through with it. I don't anticipate leaving in the immediate future.
20. Do they even make wrestling RPGs?
OK, basically, this username should be "Wrestling AND RPG fan." No wrestling RPGs have been made as far as I know. I hate this user name, though. Especially since I no longer like wrestling and/or RPGs. If I had one "GameFAQs wish" or something like that, it would be to change my screen name.
21. Where and how frequent did you post before becoming a Moderator?
I used to post on Random Insanity when I first made this account. It kind of lost its appeal quickly. Outside of some random console and game boards, my "home boards" have remained pretty consistent over the years.
22. Do you post more or less often now that you're a Moderator?
Less, but I blame that more on school and social obligations rather than being a mod. I made it a point to not change my habits because I became a moderator. I think that just isolates the mods from the normal users and creates an artificial barrier that doesn't really need to be there.
23. What's your advice for those who are applying to be Moderators?
Man, I honestly don't remember too much about my own mod app. I think mine was pretty much a straight shooter essay. "These boards that I frequent need work, I want to fix it, these are the times I'm available." I have had moderations in the past, but those were all NKLs. Just be honest, and write an essay that has had some care put into it. A clean moderation history as well.
24. How well known would you say you are amongst the other Moderators?
Well, I'm a moderately active mod, so I know the other mods know I exist. I do most on mod discussion frequently. In terms of boards recognizing me, I know the pro wrestling board is aware of me.
25. Got a favorite Moderator, and if so, who?
They're a good bunch, but I've always had a good rapport with RaptorLC, SineNomine, and Devin Morgan. If you count past mods, wallywest80 and Enigmatic were great guys.
26. Do you watch LOST?
I don't really watch TV.
27. What's your occupation in real life?
Student, bum. Same thing, really.
28. Are you married? Dating? Living in your mom's basement?
I live in a dorm on campus. Getting my own house next semester.
29. Where do you live?
Parts Unknown.... Hulllllllll Kogannnnnn!
30. What's the funniest thing you've seen written in the "other comments" section of the report form?
"Being a meanie head." It just struck me really funny. Then again, I'm simple like that.
31. If the polycarbonite adhesion of a extrosphere lost all its stability because of the nuclear deficiency of the submopressure, if in that case there was an attempt to restore balance by throwing a bag of frozen peas over it. Could it be solved?
If Bill Nye was on the scene, sure. Inertia is a property of matter!
32. Put in the shoes of CJayC at the birth of the forums in late 1999, and having foreknowledge of the way the forums would develop if you followed his decisions precisely, what would you have done differently?
Good question. Honestly, I'd say I've been a moderator since most of the "major" changes have occured, so I've been able to get the perspective of a normal user as well as being part of the, for lack of a better word, administration. Overall, I'd say he's done a great job with the site. Done differently? I think that he could have made the Chat work if he really wanted to put the effort into it. I thought it was a lot of fun, but I don't know exactly what was happening behind the scenes since I wasn't a moderator at the time. Outside of that, I don't see anything that I could have done differently.
33. Do you watch TV very often?
34. What's your favorite TV show?
35. Where do/did you go to college?
Texas State University.
36. British or American English?
37. What's your favorite state?
38. Do you have an SDTV or an HDTV?
SD. Who needs your fancy high resolution?
39. Do you have any military experience? If no, do you want some?
I dropped a military history of the western world class this semester. Does that count?
40. Are you glad this interview is over?
But I'm not done touching myself :(